Tuesday, February 19, 2013

Looking for the best CRM ever

CRM stands for "Customer Relationship Management" and among other things it is used to track customer's "Trouble Tickets" aka "cases".
Back at the 90s i was responsible for the network of some dozen remote branches sites, to follow the active cases  I have used the good old whiteboard with some markers, various colors to define severity. Later on I have digitized it into excel and MS Access.



Later on, when started to work for service provider, the impotency of having the support and sales info consolidated ion one platform was implanted into my own perspective. In my early days of supporter, for internal customers I was focused for finding the best "Trouble Tickets" management system, now after two decades and working with numerous solutions like Siebel  (ver 3.0 if I recall), Vantive  (in its original form), Oracle, Microsoft and SalesForce I can say that support and sales linkage is a must. 
For example, validating the existence of support contract, as no one want to work for nothing. Asking for renewal when required, advising for upgrade when needed. Like the supports, so do the salesperson, he/she can learn the customer's history when preparing for a meeting.

As benchmarking and reporting the big sharks in this market is not fun, so I plan to check out some of the small players in this market of CRM applications. My reports will be summarized in a separate page that I have named CRM benchmarking  

No comments:

Post a Comment